ARNOVA provides scholarship support to assist individuals to attend ARNOVA’s 45th Annual Conference. Though our resources are limited, we particularly hope to make it possible for people of limited means to participate in this important event.
We especially encourage applications from under-represented minority students and faculty; US and international doctoral students studying philanthropy, civil society, nonprofit organizations, and related topics; unemployed ARNOVA members; and practitioners in nonprofit organizations.
Scholarships include remission of conference registration fees and a travel stipend of up to $250. All travel stipends will be provided at the Conference and the registration fee will be refunded after the Conference. Priority will be given to presenters at the Annual Conference, first-time attendees, and individuals who have not received a scholarship award since 2014.
Please be prepared to provide the following information online:
• Proof of ARNOVA membership status and Conference registration
• Anticipated participation in the conference (e.g. presenter, attendee, panel chair, etc.) and the nature of your work in the nonprofit sector (i.e. student, faculty, researcher, practitioner, etc.)
• Personal demographic information
• A brief statement (400 words maximum) describing your nonprofit and voluntary sector research interests or work and how attendance at this conference could benefit your research, teaching, study or work at a nonprofit organization
• Anticipated expenses for hotel, flight/travel, and related conference expenses
• Information about other sources of financial support (source and quantity of support), if any
• A brief statement (100 words maximum) describing your need for support
• A brief and current curriculum vita, including your current work position and 1-2 additional relevant work positions, 4-5 recent publications, if any, and any additional information you deem relevant
AWARD AMOUNT: $250 and complimentary conference registration
DEADLINE: August 31, 2016 at 11:59PM Eastern
AWARDEE NOTIFICATIONS: October 7, 2016