Why Join ARNOVA?
The Basics of Membership
ARNOVA is the association that links persons who have primary professional interests in research on and teaching about philanthropy, nonprofits, voluntary action and civil society. It is the community to be a part of if you want to know what is going on with research and teaching related to these topics or fields. We support, encourage, expand and disseminate this work with and on behalf of scholars, teachers and practice leaders across North America and around the world. For the last two decades ARNOVA has been a growing Association that played a key role in building the work and service of research and teaching around voluntary, nonprofit and philanthropic organizations. We have contributed significantly to the growing understanding of the significance and impact of work of these organizations and activities for building healthier societies. We aspire to help create increased knowledge and develop a new cohort of researchers, teachers, and practice leaders to move this vital work forward.
Key benefits of membership include:
- A subscription to Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, ARNOVA's field-leading journal.
- Opportunities to participate in ARNOVA's Annual Conference
- Early notice of the "Call for Participation" in the Conference, with information about the theme and how to submit proposals for presentations
- Extended professional contacts with scholars and practitioners from many different fields and from more than 35 countries
- Opportunity to participate in any or all of the six ARNOVA sections: Community and Grassroots Associations; Pracademics; Social Entrepreneurship/Enterprise; Teaching; Theories, Issues & Boundaries; and Values, Religion, Altruism & Drawbacks
- Platform to share and receive news about individual and institutional members; section updates; and organizational news through quarterly e-newsletter, ARNOVANews
All members have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the annual ARNOVA conference.
The conference includes multidisciplinary workshops, panels, paper sessions and discussions with colleagues from around the world
- Receive advance notice about submission of conference papers for possible publication in the Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, with feedback through the peer review process
- Extend professional contacts with scholars and practitioners from many different fields and from more than 35 countries, helping scholars gain insight into practical concerns while providing practitioners with perspectives and data relevant to their work
- Join any of the six ARNOVA sections: Community and Grassroots Associations; Pracademics; Social Entrepreneurship/Enterprise; Teaching; Theories, Issues, Boundaries; and Values
Click each membership type to learn more.
Note: ARNOVA Announces New Membership Terms
Click to read this important announcement
Individual: $75 - $190
Household income less than $40,000($75)
Household income of $40,000 to $59,999 ($100)
Household income of $60,000 to $79,999 ($140)
Household income of $80,000 to $99,999 ($160)
Household income greater than $100,000 ($190)
Individual Supporting: $500
Institution Supporting: $500