ARNOVA’s Emerging Scholars Award is designed to help develop the next generation of scholars, foster dissemination of research into practice, and enhance practitioner involvement in the creation of usable knowledge. The program provides funds to enable students and new scholars (those in their first year of appointment in academic or practice positions) to attend ARNOVA’s 46th Annual Conference in Grand Rapids, MI.
The committee encourages applications from a wide variety of fields, as well as from women and people of color. Because financial resources for this award are limited, the committee encourages applications from people for whom this award would make a difference. Winners of the 2016 Emerging Scholars Award are NOT eligible to apply for the 2017 Emerging Scholars Award. The 2017 Emerging Scholar Awards Committee will be chaired by an experienced scholar who is a member of ARNOVA. S/he will be joined by others with wide experience in the field.
1. Cover letter: A cover letter that introduces who you are and describes your qualifications for the award.
2. Copy of your 2017 ARNOVA Conference proposal
3. Copy of your 2017 letter of acceptance from the Conference Committee Chairs
4. A letter of recommendation: For graduate students, letter should be from a faculty member. For practitioners or those in their first year of an academic appointment, the letter can be from someone who knows your research/work
5. A resume, containing a mailing address, email address, and telephone number where you can be reached in September
6. For graduate students, an official copy of your transcript. For practitioners or academicians in their first year of employment, a letter verifying that you are in your first year of appointment (academic or practice)
7. Must be an ARNOVA member with an active membership at time of application.
AWARD AMOUNT: Complimentary conference registration and two nights’ accommodation at the conference hotel
SUBMISSION OPEN: May 9, 2017
DEADLINE: August 31, 2017 at 11:59PM Eastern
AWARDEE NOTIFICATION: October 6, 2017